June 15, 2021 | 1 PM ET
Kathleen Cahill Slaught | Partner, Seyfarth Shaw
Ada Dolph | Partner, Seyfarth Shaw
Candace L. Quinn | Senior Counsel, Seyfarth Shaw
Rhonda Prussack | Senior Vice President and Head of Fiduciary and Employment Practices Liability, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
Peter Schablik | Partner, Mazars in the US
Join us for an update on the state of ERISA litigation, including an overview of the fiduciary duties of service providers, mitigating fiduciary liability and potential preventive measures.
We will also cover the role of fiduciary insurance in ERISA litigation, with details on cases, risks and developing trends, including data privacy and cybersecurity, as well as benefits litigation during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Upon completion of this webcast, participants will be able to:
- Describe the state of ERISA litigation and current trends;
- Explain who is at risk for this litigation;
- Describe who is a fiduciary, what their duties are and what preventive measures can be taken to mitigate risk to the company and the fiduciary;
- Explain what fiduciary insurance covers, including defense of the fiduciary litigation and what is needed to have this coverage; and
- Explain benefits litigation cases and allegations of fiduciary breaches involving data privacy and cybersecurity and how to address these concerns during COVID-19.
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 CPE credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Employee Benefits
- Prerequisites: None
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Who Should Attend: CFOs, General Counsels, Board of Directors, C-suite officers, executives and fiduciaries having involvement with employee benefit plans
- Program Level: Basic
- Delivery Method: Group – Internet Based
- Payment Information: There is no cost to attend this Mazars webcast.
This course is approved for CLE credit in CA, IL, NJ, and NY, and credit is pending in GA, TX, and VA. Credit will be applied for, pending eligibility, but cannot be guaranteed in other jurisdictions as requested.
CE credit will also be offered.
This webinar is co-hosted by:
Contact: Shawn Garcia | Email: Shawn.Garcia@MazarsUSA.com