The National Association of Water Companies (NAWC) and Mazars are pleased to introduce the 2020 edition of the U.S. Contract-Operations Market Report.
The report, produced in partnership with Mazars USA, compiles survey data on the contract operations of water and wastewater utilities, with the goal of measuring industry growth and the performance of the private sector involved in these operations. This year’s report compares the latest data to the 2019 findings, better illustrating trends and sector performance.
Key 2020 findings include:
- Demand for contract operations services continues to grow.
- The companies surveyed manage nearly 7.4 billion gallons per day and serve 40.8 million people (compared to 38.8 million in 2019).
- The Contract Operations segment of public private partnerships in the water industry grew from servicing 1,903 contracted clients in 2019 to 1,937 in 2020.
- Over the past three years, revenues reflect industry wide annualized growth of 6.4% on average.
- High overall customer retention rate (99.7%) indicates excellent customer satisfaction within the contract operations industry.
- A full contract operations and maintenance (O&M) model continues to be the prevailing form of public private partnership, rather than the more complex Design Build Operate (DBO) or concession models.
We hope you find the report useful, and we would like to thank the survey respondents that participated.
To download the full report, please complete the form below